the mid major guys, few really built a program and sustained success...

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Forum ]

By Brutus on 20:37:32 03/18/24
[In reply to "Those mid major guys have an arguably tougher job hanging on to their guys now, Diebler" by Old Trackster, posted at 20:22:44 03/18/24]

...the resumes will look like May...no one cared about him until after his 5th year at FAU. have around a .500 record for 4 years at OSU and...well...you aren't getting 4 years. So is May really the goods? Or just kinda got lucky? could easily be either.

Yes he now has the ever vaunted 'been the HC of a program so he knows what that's all about' experience but really who cares? This isn't running a 85 scholarship, 125 or whatever it is total roster football program with countless assistants and analysts and trainer and whoever else. You're recruiting a small handful of guys and building a tight bond with really 10-12 guys. while I'm sure there are a lot of serious intricacies and nuanced things that are involved in all of it....we're not splitting atoms or sending people to freaking Mars. it's running a basketball program.

Diebs will sink or swim the same as whatever other guy may have been hired.

: Was a right spot, right time guy… we will find out quickly with his recruiting and retention ability….. the genes are there… hope it turns out obviously…… I was more in favor of Jeff Boals…. The only name being bandied about I really couldn’t support was Miller.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Forum ]