i think Day and company know Fields is the better prospect for what they want to do...

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Forum ]
Advertisements

By Brutus on 06:25:20 01/11/19
[In reply to "Thinking about Tate and his play style. It seemed like the coaches lost faith in him long before the UM game...." by jh6847, posted at 06:03:12 01/11/19]

...and they know Tate wouldn't handle it all that well

: Remember the play where he was running it and at the last second pitched it to a receiver who was behind him? The shot of the coaches on the sideline made it seem like that was not supposed to happen.
: After that play I really do not remember them putting him in a spot where he had to make decisions. Yes, against UM they had him run up the middle but that is not a decision type play.

: Then think about his off the field decisions - messing around with a teammate to be girlfriend? That does not help in the locker room. A very poor decision. Then do any of the guys trust him?

: Then the Twitter attacks on Fields. Publicly attacking a teammate. Once again a poor decision. Once again, is he going to attack me would be the thought in each players mind.

: What is the one thing any coach does not want? A distraction for his team.

: Tate, while being a fiery player, has been a distraction. Let's be honest Haskins was not a happy camper whenever he got taken out and Tate got put in. You could see it on his face. Was that Haskins not being happy for his teammate because he was selfish or was that he was not happy because Tate is a jerk? Watching Haskins celebrate when others succeeded and the way he handled sitting behind JTB I would lean to say he is not that selfish.

: I think there is more that was going on behind the scenes that we will never know about.

: Remember Urban is a master at psychology. There was a very specific message in the basketball game. A message that both Urban and Day wanted sent.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Forum ]