He has one thing right, which is pace and attacking the basket is the promised land in March...for some reason,

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Forum ]

By 1flybuckeye on 10:17:04 03/27/24
[In reply to "I sat behind the bench tonight and one thing I noticed is how I don't think Diebler likes" by Alg, posted at 22:56:42 03/26/24]

games in March just seem to be for the guys who take over and just drive to the hoop. Get fouls or buckets. It's a legitimate strategy that I am surprised more teams don't do more often. As long as you are not so aggressive that you are called for charging all the time, you're either getting an easy bucket or fouled and getting free throws.

With that said, this OSU team under Holtmann seemed to run more plays in the halfcourt setup and didn't push the pace as much.

So, asking the players to push the pace that much that often, every game, when they weren't conditioned to do so, is asking an awful lot. That explains why Gayle was so gassed last night. That one possession towards the end where he just let his guy get right around him, that was a killer. He was exhausted and I don't blame him, but that gave Georgia the tie or the lead, I can't recall...but it was a big bucket for them.

I am sure that Diebler will implement this style into practices before the start of the next season so that the players are more conditioned to handle the pace he wants to play during the games.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Forum ]