Maybe. He really had just one notable year and CBB is filled with cautionary tales of coaches

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Forum ]

By punster on 13:20:04 03/27/24
[In reply to "Everyone over at victurds is praising the Dusty hire. Will he really be that good?" by Hetuck - VA, posted at 11:23:56 03/25/24]

leveraging one year into jobs that weren't good fits for them. Shaka Smart at Texas for instance or Archie Miller at IU. Both basically had one decent run in the tournament and parlayed those into bigger jobs that were too much for them. Though in Shaka's case someone should have noticed that VCU never won the A-10 under him and in Archie's case someone should have asked why they were hiring the younger less creepy version of Tom Crean--Crean also had one good run in the tournament and zilch afterwards when IU came calling.

My other thought is hiring a coach based on what he did in the tournament is kind of a recipe for disappointment.

Maybe it works out for May, but history doesn't augur well.

: I guess anything after Howard is a big uptick, but I haven't seen a disparaging comment over there yet - a few even started liking Warde again!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Forum ]