I'll settle for simple marginal improvement over last year's defense. More reliable pass rush, better on 4th down stops

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Forum ]

By ScriptOhio (Texas Ex) on 12:17:35 03/30/24
[In reply to "If the Defense isn’t Dominant it will be disappointing. It’s hard for Defense to dominate nowadays but " by NortonBuckeye, posted at 10:56:15 03/30/24]

Some of the variables can't be reconciled-- you can't say "last year's defense was fine, I want the same thing but with more turnovers" because playing more aggressively will generally lead to more big plays for the opponent.

I think that Ohio State's offense is generally so potent that it doesn't need to win by forcing turnovers. It needs to force punts and long drives, figuring its own more efficient offense will win by attrition. The O was subpar by its own standards last year; I think it returns to form this year, so then this is not a year to give up 35 points to mediocre teams because you're gambling for turnovers.

The D was pretty good on 3rd down but not on 4th, and that was a huge letdown in the Michigan game.

Edited by original poster [12:18:09 03/30/24]

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Forum ]