I'm not a gambler, so I can't speak to that type of thing, but I'll pray for you and your family (m)

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Off-Topic Forum ]

By LebBuck on 21:53:41 04/11/24
[In reply to "Serious question re: a college student gambling" by Centauri2, posted at 17:09:27 04/11/24]

I'm terrible with numbers, math, etc. I realized that at an early age, and know that there is very little chance to "beat Vegas". So, I never took it up. I just valued the $ I made so much that I didn't want to risk any of it to chance.

I could offer any myriad of solutions or ways to go about this, but I don't know they would work. Personally, I would approach it in a calm manner and try to understand and listen to what he says. Then handle it in a bit of a slow burn way. IMO, this is not something that can be fixed in one sitting.

But, I will pray for you and your family. That your son will use the wisdom he has been given, the knowledge he has gained, and the heart he has grown, to see the right path and take it.

: My son, soon to graduate with a good job lined up, has always shared his bank account with us so that we could easily provide cash at need. Recently we saw that he has started making large transfers to and from BetMGM (mostly to them, as expected).Previously, he had lost several thousand trading options (I do my kids taxes).

: So here is the question: how to approach a family member if you suspect a potential addiction or problem? Obviously we don’t want to push him away, but saying nothing seems like a bad choice also. I would appreciate any thoughts.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Off-Topic Forum ]