Advertisements

Yeah. Interesting movie concept but the writing seemed to take the easy out of not explaining things.

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Off-Topic Forum ]
Advertisements

By Silverback on 11:48:27 01/11/19
[In reply to "I know I'm late to the party on this (and that its not a terribly good party anyway), but, Bird Box question ...." by cst, posted at 11:20:14 01/11/19]

Netflix seems to be embracing these incomplete movies that cover plot holes with the pretense of being artsy and thought-provoking.

[spoiler ahead]

If you didn't like that one, don't watch "How It Ends". It's even worse about not explaining the primary event. Some sort of apocalypse that instantly drops civilization to its knees. In the span of 5 days, virtually everybody remaining alive becomes a homicidal survivalist, organized into kill squads.

It had some interesting moments and Forest Whitaker is always good, but there were just too many scenes I couldn't buy into.

The movie ends with two lovers driving away as a second unexplainable event chases them down the road. It felt like the producer yelled "THAT'S A WRAP" mid-way through production.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Off-Topic Forum ]