Advertisements

Hijack: Re: the advice I sought on buying a chainsaw before Christmas...

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Off-Topic Forum ]
Advertisements

By back from the dead on 18:12:18 01/12/19
[In reply to "Had to turn in my man card today...." by A-Row, posted at 16:58:14 01/12/19]

… I decided on gas with some power rather than electric, and something with a recognizable name. I searched stores and the internet, and found a Poulan 4016 on clearance at a Lowe's for $67. However, all the Lowe's stores in the area were sold out. The website showed $150, so I called Lowe's sales. I spoke with a nice person, who told me that they don't honor individual store sales, as they buy in bulk for one price. She then put me on hold, and called the store to verify the price, and found they had one in stock. She gave me the clearance price, then deducted my 10% veteran's discount, and shipped it free by FedEx. Thanks to those who took the time to respond. I'm glad I'm man enough to use a chain saw rather than a circular saw. It gave me enough time this afternoon to work on getting rid of my tan lines.

: .... forgot to bring in firewood before the storm. My 7 year old was begging for a fire and hot chocolate while he watched the games today.

: Had to go out and buy firewood from the grocery store. Embarrassing.

: I did use my circular saw to cut up a pallet for kindling, though. That's kind of manly....right!?!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Off-Topic Forum ]