I grew up in Putnam County, I remember that Tornado. I've had to inspect tornado damage

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Off-Topic Forum ]

By Poisonut on 08:33:37 04/02/24
[In reply to "I remember the Van Wert tornado in ‘02 - my wife’s family is from that area and we had just gotten married" by Mr.C, posted at 01:20:52 04/02/24]

on several occasions for my work. The power of a tornado is incredible. Even the smaller tornados can cause considerable damage, but I've seen things I'll never forget from more destructive F3 and F4 Tornados. I saw a 2x4's snapped and hurled impaling a rear wheel and engine of a mid-sized farm tractor. 2 300 feet hog barns totally gone; the only thing left being the foundation they sat on. Moved to the point like they were Demo'd and even cleaned up after. A relatively new brick ranch hose that had the entire room lifted off except for where the master bedroom was located and where the older couple who lived there were huddled and escaped nearly unscathed. the roof and 2 walls of the attached garage where blown in. I pray there are no serious tornadoes that touch down today, but if there are I pray that they're in rural areas rather than heavily populated ones.

: a few months earlier. We drove past some of the damage, her aunt living many miles away had debris in her fields, but we didn’t really see much - I had no idea at the time that the thing was an F4 monster. A really impressive multi vortex twister. I’ve happened on a few videos recently - this one linked is a good one.

Edited by original poster [08:34:45 04/02/24]

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Off-Topic Forum ]