if the LBs suck then playing less of them is a good thing...no?

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Forum ]

By Brutus on 13:31:56 04/16/19
[In reply to "Thats like, your opinion, man. (M)" by HINYG8, posted at 12:34:14 04/16/19]

I just don't believe the position needs to be manned by a top half of the first round talent to be effective.

: What is happening schematically or talent wise that leads you to believe reinstalling the star (and calling it the bullet) is a good idea?

: Agree offenses have progressed..but this is not a new idea. I don't think it worked very well for TSUN and I don't think we have the personnel to make it a monster here. Do you think our OLBers are good enough to pick up the middle if it is vacated when the bullet has to drop back into coverage?

: Offenses have gotten faster...and the fast teams torch the hybrid. Not fast enough for the speed guys, not strong enough for the bulls. I'd like to see 3 LBers rather than dropping one out in favor of an extra DL or a hybrid safety.

: Again, JMO but I truly believe the LBer corps is why we were gouged repeatedly last year and couldn't get off the field on third down. I don't see how going with two of them will help..unless it is third and long and clearly a nickel situation.

: I get new coaching, new scheme, new deal. But I don't see a major upgrade in the LB personnel...so how is going with less of them going to help?

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Forum ]