looks like there will be a new kid on the block...

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Forum ]

By Brutus on 10:17:06 05/20/20

...saw this on 11W boards in one of their recruiting thread. Longtime (mainly) OSU recruiting reporter Bill Greene recently left 247/Bucknuts under the guise of potential retirement. well that didn't last long as this was posted over at 11W from one of Greene's email blasts he has sent out to apparently some people who are on his email list...

(short story...BG and 'the greatest roster of talent ever assembled in the OSU market' (his words) will be joining a new website).

long story is below...

MY SITUATION: With today being my birthday it's probably a good time to say what's probably going to be next for me. There is a new Ohio State website starting soon. I am not one of the owners nor did I come up with the idea. I was offered a position by the new owners and I'm close to having all the details worked out. It will be a subscription site. I will have more free content on that site than I'm putting out in these weekly blogs if we work things out, for those that don't pay for websites. For those that do subscribe, with or without me it's going to be the greatest roster of talent ever assembled in the OSU market. Both in terms of quantity and quality. It's independently owned, so the subscription money goes to this site only, rather than CBS or Yahoo taking 50% of the money for other sites and national writers. Even if I'm not there I would encourage people to check it out. Ohio State has already given the approval for credentials which is rare for a new venture, and that goes directly to the people that started the site. There should be a major announcement coming by the people starting it by next week, so I can't say more than that. The past 3 weeks have shown me that I can play golf every day, see my family, see my girlfriend, and still have time to be a contributor to a fantastic site. I feel pretty confident that all the details will be worked out in the next few days for me to join that staff, because those are all my friends and people I would enjoy working with.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Forum ]