I agree that adding an All-American caliber player to the lineup would make it better

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Forum ]

By ScriptOhio (Texas Ex) on 08:18:26 02/22/21
[In reply to "With all the talk of missing a big, give me a great 3 like JJ or Dennis Hopson yesterday & OSU wins easy (m)" by Barrett777, posted at 08:08:56 02/22/21]

: It was the 3 position more than anything that cost OSU yesterday.

: 50 minutes between Sueing and Ahrens. Combined numbers of those two who played 25% of OSU minutes were ugly. 6 points, 2-7 shooting, 4 Rebounds, 0 Assists, 2 steals, 2 TO’s, not good defense.

: OSU has really struggled on D against the athletic teams on the perimeter that has a player in the 6’4” to 6’7” range that can also shoot the 3. Coach Holt recently has traded O for D by playing Muss more to address this.

: Chaundee Brown yesterday was the latest with his 15 points, huge 3’s, and critical offensive rebounds that also led to points.

: Players like Hopson and JJ were great scorers, but they also created for teammates, played D, and rebounded.

: BTW, I am totally fine with Sueing and Ahrens. They both have played important roles this year. We can wish we had this or that player to make the team better. That is what fantasy leagues are for. Since nothing can be changed, better production from these two next time versus SCum with everything else staying equal leads to a win. Oh yeah, and give Musa some PT as well and it is enough.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Forum ]