Not sure the disagreement here?

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Forum ]

By Barrett777 on 11:00:29 06/08/21
[In reply to "Absolutely. You're making my point for me. " by OscarSierraUniform, posted at 10:34:11 06/08/21]

: Have you watched college football lately?

Of course. Lots of it.

: The talent, coaching and facilities separation of the elite and then lower seeded teams who would make up your 7-16 seeds are night and day.

Of course. Does not mean a 7-16 team cannot beat a top team. Happens every year.

: Who is going to watch a 16 seed Colorado or Iowa State get their doors blown off by 1 seed?

Lots of people. A college football playoff game? You are asking whether many people would watch a play-in game?

Could be a 2nd place Penn State team going to Birmingham to play Alabama. Of course I would watch that.

Could be a 3rd place Alabama coming to Columbus to play OSU in December. Of course I would watch that.

Get rid of a lot of the meaningless Bowl games.

It was not long ago OSU was in 2nd or 3rd in the Big Ten some years, and ranked 7-16. If OSU still got a shot at a Natty in those years I would really be into it.

there are many years where the differences between the top team in a P5 league and the 2nd best in minimal. Sometimes it is the difference of an OT game that went one way or the other.

The recent phenomenon of OSU, Bama, and Clemson dominating I do not think holds longer term. Especially if there is a larger playoff. The more games each has to play increases the chances other teams end up in the final 4 or final 2. For college football that is a good thing. Outside of the 3 programs dominating right now the majority of the other programs and fan bases want more access to the Playoffs and to earn their way into a NC game.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Forum ]