I think it will work out the opposite way (m)

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Forum ]

By Barrett777 on 12:18:59 06/08/21
[In reply to "No. I am not agreeing to that. Commonsense tells me this game is about money. (m)" by OscarSierraUniform, posted at 11:39:23 06/08/21]

If you are talking about a star player on a nonP5 school that gets a playoff opportunity to shine before all the scouts and a national audience and you think they would sit out of fear? I think they are less likely than a player from a top team. If they played the entire year risking health in obscurity but now get the chance to show their stuff on a huge stage they will big time be 1000% for that opportunity. They also have the pride of playing for that small school, and wanting to beat the big dogs. What underdogs live for.

For P5 schools that are 2nd or 3rd place, they are in because they have very good teams that most likely lost a nail biter to a top 4 team that won the Championship in their P5 league. They will be chomping at the bit to prove that early season loss or bad game was a fluke.

The pattern has been players are opting out of meaningless end of season games. Playoff games are anything but that.

You are a great poster Oscar, but in this case I think you being an OSU fan is blurring the vision. :-) Fans from every other school not names OSU, Alabama, or USC will be all for an 8 or 12 team playoff. It is ridiculous that every champ from a P5 school does not get an automatic invite. I also think kit is ridiculous when a 1 loss team like OSU had in 2015 or 2018 is left out of the playoffs. I also think it is unfair to every non P5 school that they 99.99% have no chance to make the playoffs.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Forum ]