Interesting in bullet 1 you see it as “unfortunate” these next couple games are cupcakes. I see it as the opposite

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Forum ]

By cvillebuck on 11:31:46 09/14/21
[In reply to "thoughts on Day's presser...(m)" by BuckeyeBrad, posted at 11:15:45 09/14/21]

What an opportunity the schedule lines up this way to make scheme and personnel changes. Essentially give them a couple extra weeks to tune this before conference play.

: 1) Yes Day is really good at coachspeak, like most other big time coaches are. But I don't think you need to be a master poker player to have seen how disappointed he is in KC and the D generally. Unfortunately, the next several games are against cupcakes and our D might end up looking half decent, but everyone knows we are in deep trouble if significant changes aren't made. KC clearly cant be DC anymore starting now, in function if not in name. Best case scenario is we win and the D continues to struggle, therefore not letting Day off the hook and absolutely forcing his hand.

: 2) Almost completely overlooked was the struggles in the run game. Yes, we have an all-world WR but imo this issue will also get badly exposed against better B1G teams, who will sit back and dare us to run the ball.

: 3) The Sevyn Banks issue remains perplexing, and Day did nothing at all to clear it up. What the heck is going on with this guy?

: 4) CJ Stroud has been more than acceptable in his first two games. For those of you wanting a QB who can bring his strengths as a passer and also run it like JF or JTB could and throw on the run like JF could, you'll be waiting a really long time, imo. He does, however appear to be pretty tentative in his willingness to tuck and run under pressure, and I think that needs to improve for sure.

: 4) Doug Lesmerises is easily the best questioner in the OSU press room. And its not close.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Forum ]