Does anybody know where to find baseball data sets for in game situations? Is this info available via subscription or

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Off-Topic Forum ]

By BuckeyeGirl on 19:12:35 05/05/24

can I get this data for free?

I'm curious to see the data on a couple in game scenarios.

Or, perhaps one of you can answer. I want to know what the data says about batters working the count against a pitcher v swinging early (or on first pitch). I mean, I know what I've always been told, but I wanna see the data myself.

I was at the Reds game on Saturday. Reds hitters looked to be struggling with the pitcher's changeup. in the middle innings, it looked like the Reds changed their approach and started hitting early off the pitcher, which I assume was to avoid seeing the changeup (my softball coach wanted me to swing early in counts cause I struggled hitting the changeup). However, the opposing pitcher was only averaging about 10 pitches per inning. He entered the 6th inning having thrown only like 65 pitches, give or take a few.

I felt like the Reds needed to keep working the count so as to run the pitch count up. But they did the exact opposite. So did the data support the Reds change in approach?

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ O-Zone Off-Topic Forum ]